lfinett1 [at] jh.edu
Birthplace: Cento, a small town close to Bologna (Italy)
Hometown: Dosso, a very tiny town of 1000 people close to Ferrara (Italy)
- Undergraduate: University of Ferrara, Ferrara, Italy. (Bachelor of Science): Biological Sciences 2008 – 2012
- Graduate: University of Ferrara, Ferrara, Italy. MSc (Master of Science): Cellular and Biomolecular Sciences; 2012-2014
University of Ferrara, Ferrara, Italy; PhD: Evolutionary biology and ecology; Thesis advisors: Giovanni Bernacchia, Girolamo Calò and Thomas Roeder; Thesis: “Tyraminergic signaling in phytophagous insects: from physiology to pest control” 2017-2021.
- Postdoctoral: University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada; Insect physiology; Advisors: Angela Lange and Ian Orchard. 2021-2023
- Scholarship for a research period in Thomas Roeder’s Lab, University of Kiel (Germany) by “Consorzio Interuniversitario di Biotecnologie” (CIB); 2018.
- Scholarship for a research period Thomas Roeder’s Lab, University of Kiel (Germany) by “IUSS Ferrara 1391”; 2019.
Insect physiology and neurobiology, entomology, biogenic amines impact in insect behavior and neurobiology.
Interests outside the lab:
Traveling, macrophotography and building Harry Potter Lego
I used to play darts in Italy, and I participated to the European Championship representing Italian team. I strongly believe that my Bolognese ragù is the best in the world; you are welcome to try it anytime!