Postdoctoral Fellow (March 2016 – August 2022)
Current: Assistant Professor, Drexel University, Dept of Biology
Hometown: Cairo, Egypt
- 2001: B.Sc. in Plant Protection, Faculty of Agriculture, Cairo University.
- 2009: M.Sc. in Zoology and Agricultural Nematology, Faculty of Agriculture, Cairo University. Thesis Advisor: Muhammad Shamseldean.
- 2014: PhD in Natural Sciences (Biology), University of Konstanz and the International Max Planck Research School for Organismal Biology. Thesis Advisor: Giovanni Galizia.
- 2007: Fulbright student scholarship.
- 2010: PhD scholarship from the International Max Planck Research School (IMPRS) for Organismal Biology.
- 2017: Fellowship of the Johns Hopkins Malaria Research Institute (JHMRI).
- 2017: Postdoc Poster Award at the Johns Hopkins Annual Neuroscience Retreat.
- 2019: Drescher Travel Award from the Department of Neuroscience, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.
- 2020: Alfred Blalock Award for Young Investigators at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.
Mosquito olfaction, repellents, attractants, calcium imaging, electrophysiology, behavior.
Interests outside the lab:
Reading/Writing, playing lute, travel.
Right after I finished my PhD, I wrote a 200-page novel (not PhD related), because writing a thesis is not enough!